Derbyshire is the perfect place to explore for people of all abilities. Traffic free trails, bridleways and byways connect beautiful countryside and quiet villages through green hills and rugged open moorland.
Access Derbyshire from Derbyshire County Council is an initiative aimed at providing a provision for all
people with over 300km of Greenways predeominantly accessible for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and
anyone who wants easy access to the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.
The network has only gentle gradients and easy start and finish locations and you can now hire a "tramper" scooter, designed to cope with rough and tough terrain. This film from Access Dorset explains a little more about the 'Tramper'....
Trampers give people with mobility problems the chance to get out and about in the Derbyshire countryside,
from our countryside sites.
Derbyshire County Council have bought ten Tramper vehicles that are available to hire from Middleton
Top Visitors' Centre, Shipley Country Park, Tapton Lock Visitor Centre, Creswell Crags Museum and
Education Centre, High Peak Junction, Hayfield Countryside Centre and Elvaston Country Park. To
advance book a mobility scooter call:
• Shipley Country Park: 01773 719961
• Elvaston Castle Country Park: 01629 533870
• Middleton Top Visitor Centre: 01629 823204
• Tapton Lock Visitor Centre: 01246 551035
• Creswell Crags Museum and Education Centre: 01909 720378
• High Peak Junction: 01629 823204
• Hayfield Countryside Centre: 01663 746222
• Elvaston Country Park: 01629 533870
For a Tramper membership form or to see terms and condition of hire please go to