A.D. TO FILM WITH VISIT BRITAIN THIS WEEK!
On Wednesday and Thursday this week Accessible Derbyshire are filming with Geocast T.V. for Visit Britain!
T.V. Presenter Sophie Morgan is travelling up to Derbyshire to be the face of the film. During her stay she will be experiencing many of the amazing accessible locations which Derbyshire and the Peak District have to offer.
The film will be highlighting lots of Peak District National Park locations and makes for a packed itinerary for Sophie and the team:
Wednesday, 20th August:
- - Bakewell, including 'Ye Olde Bakwell Pudding Shop'
- - Thornbridge Brewery Tour
- - Crich Tramway Museum
- - Carsington Water for Sailabilitiy, Wheelyboat fishing, a tour of the amazing Visitor Centre and a test-drive of the fabulous BOMA 7 All-Terrain wheelchair hired from Hoe Grange Holidays, Brassington.
- - Peak Edge Hotel (which boasts fantastic accessible bedrooms) for a meal and an overnight stay.
Thursday, 21st August:
- - Parsley Hay Cycling Hub to try out the array of fantastic accessible bikes on the Tissington and High Peak Trails
- - Millers Dale to meet the rangers and find out about wheelchair abseiling from Millers Dale Bridge
- - Castleton - showcasing the wonderful Visitor Centre, the stunning views and life in this picturesque Derbyshire village
Sponsoring the film are the Peak National Park, Crich Tramway Village, Carsington Water (Severn Trent) and Thornbridge Brewery. A similar pilot film by Visit Britain in Birmingham received 380,00 hits on Youtube so the Derbyshire film should prove to be a fabulous advertisment for Derbyshire and the Peak District!
A big 'thank you' to all the sponsors, to Sophie, to Geocast TV and all those involved in making the film possible.
Watch this space for photographs of the team 'on location'!