The Big Push
THE BIG PUSH has been a two year initiative whose aim was to make this the most accessible area of the country.
Bringing together local and national organisations and committed individuals, THE BIG PUSH was intended to create 'step-change' in the accessibility of the area.
Two years on, take a look at just a few of the things that have been achieved.......!
Since Accessible Derbyshire launched as a charity in February, 2014 it has:
- Had 241,000 page views on its website: www.accessiblederbyshire.org
- Had 61,000 users of the website
- Developed a following of 3,023 on Twitter
- Sent 12,300 'tweets' and had over 28,500 twitter views in just one week!
- Attended 178 meetings with other organisations / individuals
- Given 65 presentations and attended 67 fundraising and awareness raising events
- Been a partner organisation in 'Super Sunday' for disabled children in Derbyshire
- Provided equipment to increase the accessibility of 8 holiday properties
- Provided the equipment for a new accessible camping pod
- Filmed 30 holiday properties from a wheelchair-users perspective
- Raised funds for a Wheelyboat on Ladybower and sensory equipment for Derbyshire
- Raised funds towards the Peak Park's BOMA 7 'All-terrain' wheelchair
- Donated funds for 'Climbing For All'
- Been listed in the 'Lonely Planet' global accessibility guide
- Appeared on BBC Breakfast and other national and local media
- Brought the first ever debate on Changing Places to parliament in 2015
- Initiated the first ever National Changing Places day in 2016
- Initiated the first ever 'autism-friendly' session at C.F.C's Proact Stadium
- Become a member of the England Inclusive Tourism Action Group
- Become members of the 'Derwentwise' Board
- Won an 'Achieve' magazine award and Derbyshire Times 'Pride' Award
- Won a Derbyshire Voluntary Sector 'Organisation of the Year' Award
- Helped to secure funding for 'Miles without Stiles' project in the Peak District National Park
- Supported several multi-million pound projects to improve accessibility
- Provided business support / help on accessiblity to countless organisations / individuals